Are You Freaking Kidding Me?

This is my fourth summer in Mayberry and so far we haven't had much severe weather. Of course there have been several times when lightning has hit the house taking out major electronic devices and scaring the begeezus out of one child.

I guess we now have to pay for being Hurricane free for several years. Look at this map of Hurricane Hanna's path. See where the white line crosses the black line pointing to Raleigh? Well that's my house.

Once we make it through Hanna we will be facing a mean Ike, closely followed by Josephine. Are you kidding me? Three hurricanes in less than two weeks. The sad thing is I can't even flee. I am a town employee and I have to be on hand in case of an emergency.

Tonight I stocked up on water and tomorrow I might actually buy some food for the house and fill the car up. I can hear Twinkie laughing at the thought of me putting more than $5 in the tank at one time.

Well on that note, feel free to come visit this week if you want to join in the Hurricane celebrations. Did I forget to mention that one of the items on my Hurricane preparedness list is "stock up at the liquor store?"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you will be ok Angie. Never had to deal with that. We just end up with some clouds and rain. Take care of yourself.

Blog Archive